$180,000 in savings
I brought 7 motions forward at the Budget meeting held December 5, 2017. All together, my proposals would have brought the budget down by $250,000. Council accepted $180,000 worth of my proposals and the budget came in at a 1.98% tax increase. My motions were:
- Cancel the purchase of a Zamboni for the McMeeken – $121,000 saved
- Eliminate the unsuccessful Rat Abatement Program – $29,000 saved
- Charge overdue tax accounts $5 for sending tax notices – $33,500 generated
- Stop treating the dying ash trees on Queen Street – $5,700 saved
- Eliminate garbage collection on Public Holidays – $50,000 savings rejected
- Eliminate the Walkway Maintenance Program – $16,000 savings rejected
Amazon’s Second HQ
Sault Ste. Marie’s bid for Amazon’s second headquarters is in. Check out www.AmazonNorth.ca to see the highlights of our package.
See my pitch at the September 25th City Council meeting on why the Twin Saults should be the ideal location for Amazon’s Second Headquarters.
Hear what I had to say to the CBC about this proposal on CBC’s Morning North.
Read my motion on why the Twin Saults are the ideal location for Amazon’s Second Headquarters.
The Agenda with Steve Paikin
It was great fun to join Steve Paikin on TVO’s ‘The Agenda’ for a segment on Sir William H. Hearst. You can visit The Agenda Website to learn about the Former Ontario Premier and Sault Ste. Marie MPP, Sir William H. Hearst.